Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IF statement, compare a variable against a field value

Hi All,

I am trying to get an IF statement working where a variable is compared against a field value. My code is:

SET MyLocalVariable = 'test';

MyTable:
LOAD Field1,
Field2,
Field3
FROM
MyTable.qvd] (qvd);

IF MyLocalVariable <> Field1 THEN
// Some more code
//...
Exit script;
END IF

Unfortunate this isn't working. In the IF statement Field1 seems to be NULL when checking in the debugger. I am sure that Field1 of the table is filled with a string value. No Unqualify is set.

How can I make this statement work, e.g. compare a variable against a field value?

Thanks,
Korrelzeep

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

You must use peek or fieldvalue function to get the value from a table and match it against a variable. if the table has more than one value, then you much use a for loop if you want to compare all the values.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Try something like this

SET MyLocalVariable = 'test';

MyTable:
LOAD Field1,
If(Field1=$(MyLocalVariable) , 1 , 0 ) as Flag
Field2,
Field3
FROM
MyTable.qvd] (qvd);

where you create a new field Flag = 1 if Field1='test'

regards

jjj

Not applicable
Author

You must use peek or fieldvalue function to get the value from a table and match it against a variable. if the table has more than one value, then you much use a for loop if you want to compare all the values.

Not applicable
Author

Hi syed.maqsood,

Thank you, that did the trick.

Regards,
Korrelzeep

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jean-Jacques,

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunate I am not sure I can use this at this moment because is it giving me a new field which I cannot test either. I think your solution provides a new field which can be shown on a sheet. However I really need to test the condition in the script because the script must be ended when the condition is true.

Regards,
Korrelzeep