Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elenarudelli
Contributor II
Contributor II

Graphic selection with calculated dimension

Dear Community,

I added a calculated dimension to my time series chart, set as:

=if(GetSelectedCount(Description)=1, LOAD, Description)

The first dimension is DDATE.

Now if I select one element of Description and make a graphic selection on the chart, it selects and visualizes automatically multiple elements of Description, instead of "zooming" by date. How can I manage it?

Thank you in advance for your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I'm not sure I understand, but your calculated dimension looks like an attempt to create a drill down group without creating a real drill down group. If you instead create a real drill down group of Description and LOAD, and use that as your chart dimension, then when you select a Description, it should drill down to LOAD, which is I think what you're intending. And then I'm guessing by doing it the "official" way, you'd get better behavior from making graphical selections.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I'm not sure I understand, but your calculated dimension looks like an attempt to create a drill down group without creating a real drill down group. If you instead create a real drill down group of Description and LOAD, and use that as your chart dimension, then when you select a Description, it should drill down to LOAD, which is I think what you're intending. And then I'm guessing by doing it the "official" way, you'd get better behavior from making graphical selections.

elenarudelli
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you John, it worked perfectly!