Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Master and Child can be shown in same column?

Hi,

Below is the Table Format, I have

Parent ColumnChild ColumnTotal
ABCABC_11
ABCABC_22
BCDBCD_12
BCDBCD_24
BCDBCD_35
CDECDE_15
CDECDE_26

I want it to show in Qlikview Report like below:-

Parent ColumnTotal
ABC3
BCD11(This is total of all childs under BCD group)
  BCD_12
  BCD_24
  BCD_35
CDE11

Only BCD 's subgroup needs to be shown alongwith the total and that also in same column but with space in the starting

Regards,

Raman

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

I don't think there is any other way other then Pivot. Let's see if anyone has a better approach on this community, If you don't want to show  '+' sign, then as I said just place a text box over the '+' sign which has the same color as the background and it will be perfect. Hope this helps...

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

How cane we approach this type of design? Is this possible in Qlikview?

Regards,

Raman

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Please take a look at the attached file and hope this is what you are looking for... Hope this helps...

Master and Child can be shown in same column.jpg

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

The second table is exactly what you want. In case if you don't want to see the plus ( + ) sign, then place a text box on the top of the + sign and then you will have exactly what you want. Hope this helps...

Not applicable
Author

So basically you have done it using Pivot Chart?

Isn't there any other way to do this type of representation, other than Pivot chart?

Like if I dont want to show that "+" Sign on the report.

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

I don't think there is any other way other then Pivot. Let's see if anyone has a better approach on this community, If you don't want to show  '+' sign, then as I said just place a text box over the '+' sign which has the same color as the background and it will be perfect. Hope this helps...