cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ODBC connection to Qliksense: Language issue

Hi,

mto

I am connecting to a database which has multilingual data.But qlik sense displays the data as ???????

For example running the below query in MYSQL gives the below output

select userfirstname,userlastname from users where pkuserid in (493982,339708,349756);

1.PNG

But doing the same on Qlik sense desktop version through an ODBC connection gives me the below output

2.PNG

Hence I am missing on the data here !! Please suggest a way to fix this

For people who say QLIKSENSE only supports one font, I uploaded an excel with multiple fonts and QLIK displays both of it. Below is the snapshot and attched data

3.PNG

4 Replies
SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Vinol,

the issue may be in the ODBC, but not in Qlik.

I remember I specified sometime ago the codepage for odbc connection. It make me think that it can have only one codepage in a moment.

That's why I would advise to try OLEDB driver and connection. I haven't heard about such kind of limitations there.

This is just my guess, but it worth to try

Regards,

Sergey

Regards,
Sergey
Not applicable
Author

Tried with OLEDB connection. Still the same issue. Any leads ?

mtochooco_co

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Vinol,

I will take a look - but I believe this has something to do with your character set or codepage similar to what Sergey mentioned.

Can you check out this thread utf 8 - MySQL UTF8 Data Not Being Displayed Properly - Stack Overflow and let me know how you do?

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

But I need to access the data through Qlik Desktop ODBC connector. I have set the column to UTF8 in MySQL table structure, but I cannot set it while pulling data from ODBC connector in QLIK sense desktop