Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to display % survey data on a bar chart?

I'm new to Qlikview, I'm currently try to display survey data on the dashboard.

For example - for Q1. 364 respondents answered & 322 out of the 364 responded positively.

I'm trying to simply display this as a bar chart, per region - however it doesn't display the right percentages on simple formulas, when using more complex formulas, I get an error in expression message.

Appreciate the help in advance!

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

What is the expression you are using today?? What all dimensions are using except Region?

Not applicable
Author

All responses in the survey that = agree, or strongly agree I have converted to 1. All responses that = disagree, or strongly disagree I have converted to 0. Then responses are broken down by 4 different regions.

I have tried the following for a question; is the position challenging

Sum([Position Is Challenging])/sum(TOTAL<Position Is Challenging>)

Sum([Position Is Challenging])/Sum({1 <[Position Is Challenging]={1}>)

Count({<[Position Is Challenging] = {"=Not IsNull(Position is Challenging)"}>}[Position Is Challenging])

I'm new to Qlikview so could be completely wrong!

sunny_talwar

May be this?

Sum([Position Is Challenging])/Count([Position Is Challenging])

Where Sum will add you only the 1's (agree and strongly agree) and Count will Count all regardless of if it's 1 or 0. This will give you the percentage in each region of people who agree or strongly agree.

cheenu_janakira
Creator III
Creator III

And another one Nat,

This: {"=Not IsNull(Position is Challenging)"}

should be: {=$(=Not(IsNull([Position is Challenging]))} (N.B. I am assuming this is an expression/functions, not an existing 'string' in the field "Position is Challenging").

When using a formula in set analysis modifier, you want to use "dollar-sign expansion" (search this term for more info), such as $(= put in Full Formula). The single or double quotes are when you type in a varchar string in the set analysis modifier or when the result of your expression is a varchar string (or for greater than/less than - please check other posts for this one some other time). No need to use the double quotes when result of modifier or explicitly named modifier is a number. Lastly, whenever your field name contains a space (or tablename in script, except when this one is used between single quotes, as in case of "PEEK('Field Name', 1, 'Table Name')"), you always must encapsulate with square brackets as Sunny has pointed out.

Another way for "not(isnull())" is Count({$<[Position Is Challenging] = {'*'}>} [Position Is Challenging])

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

I've tried that and then it puts all 4 regions as 25% - but that's not the right answer...any other suggestions??

Thanks!

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample? I am not sure I understand what your requirement is?