3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2016 6:24 AM by Adam Davies RSS

Restore Default Chart Sort when using Access Point

Mike Czerwonky

Greetings,

I am using QV 11.2 SR 10.  I have a chart that has 10 columns.  I am sorting this chart by 3 fields.  I currently have interactive sorting enabled.  So when I publish my app,  my end user can change the default sort order by selecting any other column when they are using the app in the Access Point.  My problem is that the Access Point retains the users last settings when it exits.  So, the next time they log in, the chart is sorted by the last sort settings.

I have tried sorting the chart with my default settings in my desktop client and then disabling interactive sort.  I then republish my app and now when my user goes in the Access Point, the chart is still sorted with the users last settings ( not the default I want ).  In addition, they no longer can sort at all because I have disabled interactive sort.

So, I am looking for a way to disable QV from saving the users last settings when they log out of the Access Point or create a button that the user can select to restore the sort order in my chart.

I can currently just have the user sort by each column when they log in, but I am considering eliminating the column header and that option won't be available.

The optimal solution would be to disable the end users settings and current selections on exit and restore it back to the default layout as I have it saved before publishing.

Anyone know if this is possible?

• Re: Restore Default Chart Sort when using Access Point
          Adam Davies

Hi Mike,

Is this controlled by the 'Allow Session Recovery' in the QMC? Obviously this does control other things so you may or may not want to switch this off.

Alternatively if you're using IE plugin then of course you have the option of using a macro to re-sort the chart

Mike Czerwonky

Adam,

Thanks for replying.  Allow Session Recovery appears to be universal for all published apps, so that is not an option.  We have several hundred.  Trying to avoid using a macro, but it may come to that later.  Appreciate you taking some time to respond.  Using a button and giving the user the ability to resort without having to manually select the 3 columns in order is the optimal solution.  Still searching for the answer, but it will not keep me from moving my app to production.

Adam Davies

Hi Mike,

Agreed that is not an option really.

I had a similar issue, my columns were being converted by a number function so for example £700k £1.2m £1.53 so the sorting was all to pot

This will sound horrible but what I ended up doing was using text boxes over the chart header and a button to switch between ascending and descending. This I can then obviously then control / reset on open as the text boxes control variables which controls the sorting.... different scenario but another possible solution.

In your situation I think the macro would be the simplest?