cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andre_ficken
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Question regarding messages from Qlik Server

We recently upgraded to Qlik 12 SR2. On our production machine we record system messages in log files and read them back into a qlik file. Now I come accross a message that I have never seen before and it shows up quite a few times in there with different numbers over time. The messages started coming in on a daily basis 1 week after the production server was upgraded and occur on average 15-20 times per day. The message is: 'QVGeneral: when AAALR(###########) is greater than 1.000000, we suggest using new row applicator to improve time and mem effeciency' where ###### shows different numbers. I would like to know what is causing this and how to resolve it. Any help is welcome.

2 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Andre,

check out this thread:

What is New Row Applicator ?

HTH Andy

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello Andre,

AAALR Warning QlikView Server:

AAALR" is a very low-level concept deep in the QlikView engine. Generally speaking, it means the average length of aggregation array. The longer this array is, the more RAM usage and CPU power are to be consumed by the engine to get aggregation result for every hypercube node and can thus affect performance.

When AAALR is greater than 1.0, normally the customer has a large data set and suffers slow responses and high memory usage in their app. To mitigate this, you can add the below setting to the Settings.ini file located in the QlikTech\QlikViewServer:

DisableNewRowApplicator=0

By setting this parameter to “0”, QlikView will use an new algorithm which is optimized for large data set to do the aggregation, and will consume much less RAM and CPU power. I have seen this addition to the settings .ini dramatically improve QVS performance in past issues I have assisted customers with.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!