3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2010 2:12 AM by Khim Hoe Tan RSS

Average to Percentage

Hi Everybody,

My average is 356 but i want to convert into percentage in gauge chart. Is it possible...

Thanks in advance

• Average to Percentage

Open Properties -> Numbers -> Select one of the they and check "Show in Percent" option. Remember to change the gauge settings (min and max value) in the Presentation tab too.

• Average to Percentage

Thanks khim_hoe

But my issue is not that. I wants to take that average into percentage in expression part. If I follow yours method its fine but that needle in speedometer doesnt move.

So, I must give it in Expression part only.

And my present expression is

"avg(DateOfMaturity)-avg(DateofPlanOrRatoon)"

Thanks & Regards

Srividhya

• Average to Percentage

To get a percentage, you must have a formula to calculate it. Definition of percentage:-

a proportion in relation to a whole (which is usually the amount per hundred)

So, the percentage of you average amount could be something like this:-

avg(DateOfMaturity) / <Total Days>

Of course the other way is to set the Min/Max value if you don't have any method of calculating the percentage. In your case, you can set the min value as 0 while max could be 1000. So, the needle of the speedometer will be around 35.6%.