Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Targets with two fields in common

Hi everyone,

I am trying to load into my document different sales targets for customers based on a group of suppliers.

In table 1, I have the sales data (which includes a field for customer, supplier, sales amount ...etc),

In table 2, I have my two fields, supplier name and the supplier group name they belong to

In table 3, I would have my customer name, supplier group name and sales target

because table 3 has connections to table 3 (supplier group) and table 1 (customer name) a circular reference occurs.

Can someone please help me overcome this?

Thanks!

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Do you need the supplier group field in table 3 when a supplier always has the same supplier group and that supplier is already linked to the supplier group in table 2?

Or is the sales target for the supplier group in which case the customers with a supplier belonging to the supplier group are already linked through table 2.

Not applicable
Author

The sales target is for the supplier group, any ideas?

Not applicable
Author

I don't know how the exact data model looks, but can´t you simply leave out customer name in table 3?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If you want to break the circular loop you can rename(Alias) your field name.

It will be easy for me to understand the structure if you are able to post some sample data not actual .

Regards,

Ravi

Not applicable
Author

Sorry I have not been so clear. EACH customer will have a seperate target for EACH product group.

I have attached sample data in an excel files, each sheet would be a different table.

Thanks again,

Not applicable
Author

You could just load the 3rd table as under

LOAD CUSTOMER,
[PRODUCT GROUP] as CustomerProductGroup,
TARGET
FROM

Such renaming the field would remove your circular reference problem

Not applicable
Author

While this does remove the circular reference, my problem has not been solved.

I would like my output table to be

Column 1: Product Group, Column 2: Customer Sales, Column 3: Customer Target,

I use the renamed Product group as the dimension and so it is linked to the customer targets. However the customer sales are no longer associated to this dimension.

Not applicable
Author

Les,

Would be helpful if you could shows us a sample output which you want from the example which you had uploaded.

Not applicable
Author

Here is the basic version of what I would like my output to be. I have no issues getting my chart to look like this, it is only making the correct associations. As you can see, the sales and the target amount must be associated to the product group. Thanks again for the help