3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 21, 2010 12:19 PM by Suchith Achyuthan RSS

Ms Access

hello guys,

I am new to qlikview, and iam trying to learn qlikview. i have a database in ms Acces, i have uploaded the tables using the sql. qlick is automaticaly connecting the tables and because of this some of the values are dulipcated. i am using the personal edition so i cant use other examples. i want to remove synthetic keys and add myown joins (left join)

can you please provide me a solution and also some examples, not .qvw file, the script for ms access loading.

• Ms Access

The simplest way is in your load use "field AS new_fieldname" to differentiate between versions of fields you do not want QlikView to join.

This associative linking by field name is the way the product works and has a lot of power once you get used to it.

• Ms Access
            jonathan.bowen

Hi,
            You could also use Qualify as part of 'your' load script which will result in something you will be used to as a database user ie TableName.FieldName & by using * you get around having to rename all the fields being loaded. For example,

QUALIFY *;
            Table1:
            LOAD
            Field1,
            Field2,
            Field3
            FROM..........................................;

This will result in fields being loaded as 'Table1.Field1' etc . If & when you want to stop this behaviour you need to employ Unqualify followed by the last table name eg UNQUALIFY Table1;