4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 24, 2016 2:46 PM by Rahul Pawar RSS

Splitting data from one table into three distinct tables fails to use all three assigned labels - Is this a label bug?

Les Draper

Sometimes the simplest thing to do seems to be the one you fall over.  My goal is to merely split data into three distinct tables inside of QlikView from one single source.  So, of course all data is the same structure and have exactly the same column names.  The source table of each line of code is the exact same table thorough an Oracle OLEDB connection.  QlikView says, "well, let me help you out here and I will put it all into one table for you.  Forget those other two labels you assigned here, you wont be needing them".  In the table viewer it put all data into a table it I named "NEWLABEL_A".  Tables NEWTABLE_B and NEWTABLE_C have absolutely no representation in the table viewer At all.  Just a single table named NEWLABEL_A exists containing the data from the remaining two queries as well.

I would expect three tables represented in the table viewer if I give them a different label.

NEWLABEL_A:   SELECT * from SAME_ORACLE_TABLE WHERE COL1 = 'A';

NEWTABLE_B:   SELECT * from SAME_ORACLE_TABLE WHERE COL1 = 'B';

NEWTABLE_C:   SELECT * from SAME_ORACLE_TABLE WHERE COL1 = 'C';

I suppose I would need to alias every column name of each of the three sets as well so they are not joined by QlikView?

Is this a label bug?  I wonder why naming these other two labels is not enough.  Know any tricks?

Thanks,

Les