Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

default start value

Is it possible to set a default start value? Let's say that I want current year and month selected when I open the qv file.

QV 10 Personal Edition (for now).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The simplest way is to use make dynamic search selections like:

=Month=month(today(2))

and save the document in that state. However, most of us mess this up by saving the document in a cleared state. You can save your selections in a bookmark and remember to apply the bookmark before saving, However, I usually mess that one up also.

See this blog post
http://qlikviewnotes.blogspot.com/2010/02/setting-initial-selections-in-version-9.html

for an explanation and examples of setting initial selections on open. My current favored method is to save intitial selection state in a bookmark and apply the bookmark in an OnOpen action. Strictly speaking, OnOpen is documented as being unsupported in the server environment. However, I have yet to encounter a problem using to apply a bookmark.

-Rob

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The simplest way is to use make dynamic search selections like:

=Month=month(today(2))

and save the document in that state. However, most of us mess this up by saving the document in a cleared state. You can save your selections in a bookmark and remember to apply the bookmark before saving, However, I usually mess that one up also.

See this blog post
http://qlikviewnotes.blogspot.com/2010/02/setting-initial-selections-in-version-9.html

for an explanation and examples of setting initial selections on open. My current favored method is to save intitial selection state in a bookmark and apply the bookmark in an OnOpen action. Strictly speaking, OnOpen is documented as being unsupported in the server environment. However, I have yet to encounter a problem using to apply a bookmark.

-Rob