Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sum of Count of top 15 items

I have an expression that calculates the count of certain complaints. I have then calculated the sum of those counts based on te product component. But the thing I need now is the sum of top 15 counts.

I want this to be done in the expression itself since I want to display this  separately in a text object. Below is the expression I have come up with so far. Seeking further help. Thanks in advance.

=Sum(aggr(Count({<CAL_QUARTER={$(vPrevQuarter)},DealerZone={'WEST'}>}[Complaint Number]), [Product Component]))

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps like this:

=Sum(aggr(Count({<[Product Component]={"=rank(Count({<CAL_QUARTER={$(vPrevQuarter)},DealerZone={'WEST'}>}[Complaint Number]))<=15"},CAL_QUARTER={$(vPrevQuarter)},DealerZone={'WEST'}>}[Complaint Number]), [Product Component]))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
shubham_singh
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Here I did this in Consumer Sales app that is provided with Qlik Sense as a demo.

I used the bar chart Sales Rep Revenue in Sales Rep Performance Sheet.

Create a variable like this.

Capture.JPG

* I am doing this for Sum of Top 5 that's why you'll find a 6, Don't forget equal sign.

Then use below expression.

Sum(

aggr(

if( Sum( [Sales Quantity]*[Sales Price])>$(vSum)+0.001,

Sum( [Sales Quantity]*[Sales Price]),

),

[Sales Rep Name]

)

)

For some unknown reason I have to add a minute value in $(vSum).

You will get Sum for top 5 Sales Rep.

Hope you can replicate this in your app.

Not applicable
Author

Thank for the suggestion.

I think the below example would explain my exact requirement. As shown in the below bar graph, it has the count of complaints for a region based on certain criteria. I have set the dimension limit(for Product component) to top 15. Now I need to find the total of the values on the data points(i.e 221) and display in in the title.

bar_Graph.PNG

the expression that used for the count is

=Count({<CAL_YEAR={'$(=Max(CAL_YEAR))'},CAL_QUARTER={$(vPrevQuarter)},DealerZone={'WEST'}>}[Complaint Number])

shubham_singh
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

In my answer I calculated 6th largest value (vSum) and then in sum expression, I added only values that were greater than that 6th value.

So your vSum will be

=max(

aggr(

Count({<CAL_YEAR={'$(=Max(CAL_YEAR))'},CAL_QUARTER={$(vPrevQuarter)},DealerZone={'WEST'}>}[Complaint Number]),

[Product Component]

),

)

And your Sum expression will be

Sum(

aggr(

if( Count({<CAL_YEAR={'$(=Max(CAL_YEAR))'},CAL_QUARTER={$(vPrevQuarter)},DealerZone={'WEST'}>}[Complaint Number])           >$(vSum)+0.001,

Count({<CAL_YEAR={'$(=Max(CAL_YEAR))'},CAL_QUARTER={$(vPrevQuarter)},DealerZone={'WEST'}>}[Complaint Number]),

),

[Product Component]

)

)