Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepak_km9886
Creator
Creator

QVD to CSV

How to convert the underlying qvd file to csv . Where i dont have that qvd in my disk space. Actually it is a demo app which is loading its data from qvd. I need the data used in that app. So how to store r have a copy of all the data used in the app. I tried

Store tablename into filename.csv(csv); and

Store tablename into filename.csv

(txt, delimter is',');

Both are not working since the qvd is not found.

I have attached the downloaded qvf from cloud.

7 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

You should provide app with lower size. It's not good to provide 24MB size file..

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

The only way is to make a table of the data in front end  and then sent to Excel.

(but if you got more that million rows you will struggle)

You can not add STORE at this point as the app will first look for the underlining qvd and then saved into csv.

deepak_km9886
Creator
Creator
Author

deepak_km9886
Creator
Creator
Author

There are more than 1M  rows. I tried dragging the columns to table and then extract, but its taking too long to provide the link to download . Is there any other way that i can have access to data.

sunny_talwar

May be do a binary load with store statement. I have not tested this, but this is just an idea. Also, your attached app doesn't have any data in it. So, I am unable to test the binary load idea....

deepak_km9886
Creator
Creator
Author

Binary load i can do, but how to store it later.

Binary C:\users\Abc\Procurement.qvf; then what is the syntax for store. Store tablename into C:\users\abc\Proc.qvd(qvd); is it?

Store works only with tablename