Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Does/must "Load Data" always clear out the existing data from the app?

For development purposes, I need to frequently replace the contents of an individual table. I tried calling Exit Script in the Data Load Editor after I loaded that one table, but it looks like all the other tables were no longer available to my app after I clicked "Load Data". Short of doing a partial load (which I believe is only available via the API for some reason), is there any way to run a data load script without losing the previously loaded data in the app?

Thanks,

Dave

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You could use QVD generator scripts, as in load scripts that save their output table to QVD file held in the file system.

Then for your dashboard qvf just have a simple load script that simply does optimized loads of the required QVD's.  It will reload all the tables, but such a load script will run very fast.

For the table that needs reloading frequently you can reload its QV file frequently, and for the others reload them less frequently.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You could use QVD generator scripts, as in load scripts that save their output table to QVD file held in the file system.

Then for your dashboard qvf just have a simple load script that simply does optimized loads of the required QVD's.  It will reload all the tables, but such a load script will run very fast.

For the table that needs reloading frequently you can reload its QV file frequently, and for the others reload them less frequently.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Bill. The app is indeed using QVDs, and I have temporarily replaced the loading of this particular table with script that loads it fresh from the database (so that I can see the changes without recreating any QVDs). So I am sort of doing as you have suggested; the loading of the table from the DB only takes a second or two, but loading everything else from the QVDs takes about 30 seconds, which is what I was trying to cut down on. For the amount of data involved, the 30 seconds is quite fast, so I guess I can live with it.

Thanks again.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I sometimes temporarily add in an Inline Load of a single field like Year or Country and add a Where Exists to the Optimized QVD load to reduce load times whilst developing.