Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sorting within a Pivot Table with multiple dimensions and multiple measures

Hi,

I am building a chart in Qlik Sense 3.1 that contains a pivot table with multiple dimensions as rows and multiple measures as columns. Currently the values of each dimension are sorted alphabetically. Instead, I would like the pivot table's dimensions to be sorted in descending order based off a specific measure.

I have tried adding the measure's expression in the "Sort by Expression" for each dimension, however this has not worked.

If you have any solutions please let me know.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I found a solution to this issue. It works most of the times I have used it, however there have been glitches so be cautious while using it.

In the pivot table, go to Sorting. For the dimension that you want sorted, select Sort by Expression. The Expression you write is:

RANK(The expression of the measure on which you want the dimension values to be sorted).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
girirajsinh
Creator III
Creator III

Hi

Pivot table in QlikSense has no Y-Value sorting.

So you will need to use dual and aggr function to assign particular dimension with sortable numerical value.

Here is the details

Is it possible to sort measure in pivot table using Qlik Sense?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Girirajsingh!

Hopefully Qlik includes this in the future. It is my understanding it was available in Qlik View.

girirajsinh
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Kanishk

Yes your understanding is right, Y-value sort is awailable in Qlikview.

Please close this thread by putting "correct answer" if you have found what you were looking for .

Not applicable
Author

I found a solution to this issue. It works most of the times I have used it, however there have been glitches so be cautious while using it.

In the pivot table, go to Sorting. For the dimension that you want sorted, select Sort by Expression. The Expression you write is:

RANK(The expression of the measure on which you want the dimension values to be sorted).