You could use the PGO as XML setting in QlikView Server to output the contents of the PGO files (particularly the CalData.pgo file which holds the information you're looking for I believe) to an XML. You could then load the XML into QlikView.
- Stop the Qlikview Server service
- Edit %ProgramData%\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Setting.ini & add PgoAsXmlAlso=1 right under [Settings 7]
- Restart the Qlikview Server service
Navigate to the Root Folder and you'll see the .pgo.xml files
Hope this helps
I've tested and it worked. The XML files was generated at "C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents". I have three more questions:
- Is there some file that stores the user's name? I mean, the CalData.pgo.xml has the user's id, but it's possible to see the user's name on the publiser assigned calls screen.
- Is the CalData.pgo.xml file updated dinamically?
- What about the documents users have access. Are thei stored in some file that I could load from Qlikview?
Thank you in advance.
I've been receiving the following message when trying to reload the QVW file:
VX_CONNECT_ERROR: Could not connect to server: localhost
Error accessing Management Service.
Make sure you are in the 'QlikView Management API' group on the 'localhost' server! If the group doesn't exist you can create it, a logoff/login or a server restart may be required!
Authorization failed for user REDERECORD\rudrodrigues, required access level is QlikView Management API
CUSTOM CONNECT TO "Provider=QVSManager.exe;Server=localhost;Warnings=True;Debug=False;XUserId=UEeJBQC;XPassword=WTfGbTC;"
I suppose I have only to create the group QlikView Management API in the server and add my user in, alright?
- My production server is another machine. How should I enter with the server name in the variable? Is there some structured string to be observed?