2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 19, 2017 10:26 AM by Thorsteinn Gudmundsson RSS

DataMarket - Stock

Paul Nowicki

Does anyone have documentation on the data model for the Stock and Index data available on the DataMarket? I'm a current customer and would like to understand the back end tables so I can write my own ETLs.  The current wizard approach in Qlik Sense makes it very difficult to get this data out in an efficient way. 

For example, when I select certain symbols from an exchange, the wizard writes the load script but I do not know the translation between the symbol or exchange name and the back end data.  In the script below, I'd like to see a definition of the fact table.  In this example I get data from "fact:536j" but not sure if I need to access different versions of that fact table for different exchanges, etc.

Measures:

LOAD

[_dim_8wp9] AS key,

[Date],

[MEASURE=c] AS [Volume];

SQL SELECT

"_dim_8wp9",

"Date",

"MEASURE=c"

FROM fact:536j

WHERE '8wp9' = ''

AND '8wpa' = 'c';

• Re: DataMarket - Stock
          Michael Tarallo

Hi Paul - let me see if abw can assist. @Adam?

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

• Re: DataMarket - Stock
            Thorsteinn Gudmundsson

Paul,

I'm sorry to say that the current incarnation of the Qlik DataMarket connector does not allow for your to construct a meaningful request outside of the connector user interface.

We are aware of the problem and work is underway in making process easier to go through. The new approach will also help you in making slight changes (f.x. add new equity) to your request and re-run it.