6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 19, 2017 9:08 AM by Mark Ritter RSS

Not repeat a Dimension

Mark Ritter

Is there a way to only display the first occurrence of a value in a dimension in a regular table?

This was an option in QlikView.

For example I am displaying a patient name.  If they have 3 rows of data I only want their name to appear on the first row.

• Re: Not repeat a Dimension
          Sunny Talwar

Use non distinct values as an expression and you will see only one time occurance of your patient name. In Qlik Sense, the table box and straight table is a same object. If you add everything as dimension, it will behave like a table box object.

Gerardo Alegria Benitez

Try with a pivot table

Mark Ritter

Trying to format a Pivot Table to look the way I want is quite a bit of work and there are some things that I don't think that I can change.

For example I have put data in as a measure so it shows up in the row.  There is no calculation.  Just the data to display.  The Pivot Table does something with the higher levels and if the row values are different on each row then it displays gray and a - in the cell.  See example.  I have tried to change with font and background color but those seem to be ignored in these cells.  Is there a way to change these cells to just be white with no -?Capture.PNG