cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Extension to Auto Launch Mashup from Hub

Hi

I have knocked up a rough & ready extension to auto open a url, for the use case of being able to auto open a Mashup from the Hub - see attached.

There is a console.log in it displaying layout.myproperties from which one can see the counter bmCounter being incremented 3 times.  So that implies to me that the javascript is run 3 times when the sheet containing the extension is opened.

Any ideas why it is running 3 times ?

Any other suggestions in general would be welcome.

Many Thanks,      Bill

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

i also want that all users of Qliksense may access apps and mashups through the hub. Did you find a way to open a mashup from the hub?

Best Regards,

David

ErikWetterberg

Hi Bill,

I think this one would be hard to solve. Even if you can make an extension that opens a mashup, still the hub opens the App Overview, where extensions are not loaded, so it would only happen when you open a sheet.

If you want a page where your users can open both apps and mashup you probably need to go the other way around: write a mashup that is capable of both opening apps in the built-in client and mashups. That should not be difficult.

Another option would be to write an extension that shows a button to open a mashup. I'm sure that has been done.

The fact that your extension runs three times looks strange. I have tried to things, but none of them worked:

• adding an empty resize function to the extension, since the default implementation of resize is to call paint. No effect: these are not resize calls
  • removing the update of the layout structure(moved the counter to a variable instead) in the paint method: you are not supposed to do that, the layout structure is in principle read-only and your changes might be lost when the object is reevaluated: no effect, still three calls

To me this (the three calls) looks like a bug, though I don't think Qlik promises anything about the number of times paint will be called (only that it will be called when a repaint is needed).

Erik