Cheers, the update works, but the filter pane still behaves weirdly. I've switched browser to confirm it isn't just my browser acting up.
Behaviour (with this formula)
1. Searching within filter pane is impossible
2. As soon as I filter something, all other options in filter pane disappear (making it impossible to select multiple)
3. When I click to deselect the green selected option, it doesn't deselect, but it does show the other options again.
I could try to make a video, but all my customer names would be in it, so that's a bit tricky. Let me know if anything is unclear.
That's how calculated dimensions and list boxes work.
While you can work around this problem, your best bet would be clean the data during load, so that you find the most used customer name by customer number and create a dimension table containing the distinct customer numbers with the modal name for each. Replace the names with these names back into the fact table, or simply drop the names from the fact table.
Then there is no need for a calculated field in the list box.
Thanks. I understand how the filter part (showing number instead of name) is expected behaviour, but I find it hard to believe that the behaviour seen in the video is meant to be this way. It literally shows checked when it isn't checked and it selects a company different from the one checked.
So far it seems the code above does solve the glitches. It still displays the customer number, but that's not that important.
I may still look in your suggestion to see if it's better in the long run. Thanks!
I've got the same issue.
Using a conditional filter, i was removing the unrelated value from a list. This worked since Sense 3.0.
With 3.1 this workaround doesn't work anymore. It's behaviour is similar to vicvancooten's one.
This formula worked before Sense 3.1. It groupby the sum of some values by Ordine_produzione, and, if this values is >0, show me this Ordine_produzione, otherwise null.
It was very simple to implement, but now is completely useless.