Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to display the expression of an expression

Hi,

I need to work out how to build an expression which works out the average values over a period of time and then counts that number of these which are over target and the number which are below target. I was looking to build this in a gauge chart but I'm not fussy if this is not possible. I guess the crux of it is how do you structure an expression so that the later part calculates based on the results of the earlier part?

Please, can anyone help me?!

Thanks,

Rachel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Rachel,

You need advanced aggregation to accomplish this (aggr). It's difficult without having sample data to work with, but the general format would look like this: sum(aggr(if(avg({<Date={">=$(vStartDate<=$(vEndDate))"}>} Value)>vTarget,1),dimension)) where vStartDate and vEndDate are variables containing your period start and end dates, respectively, and vTarget is your target variable. This will work in a gauge.

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Rachel,

You need advanced aggregation to accomplish this (aggr). It's difficult without having sample data to work with, but the general format would look like this: sum(aggr(if(avg({<Date={">=$(vStartDate<=$(vEndDate))"}>} Value)>vTarget,1),dimension)) where vStartDate and vEndDate are variables containing your period start and end dates, respectively, and vTarget is your target variable. This will work in a gauge.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Thanks - just what I needed!