Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uzername
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikSense Problem, work stream shared between users

Hi

I have a QlikSense 3.1 server with basic access control (Developer/Contributor/Consumer via custom properties/security rules).

I have two developers,

Admin user: rootadmin ,    licensed, customProperty=Developer

Dev user: no admin privs, licensed, customProperty=Developer

My problem is that any app developed by either of above shows up in the 'work' area of both. I assume each user should only be able to see his/her own work space, including admin. I'm not aware of any setting that allows/disallows users sharing work space

Thanks.

Mario

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stvegerton
Creator III
Creator III

Looks like the "my createapp rule". Try adding and resource.owner.name=user.name

I think you can also drop the !user.is.Anonymous()  since you're requiring user type.

And I don't think you need the FileRefrence_* filter.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
lhr
Employee
Employee

have you got a security rule that grants access to unpublished apps based on the developer custom property?

stvegerton
Creator III
Creator III

Go to the Audit screen in the QMC. Set target resource to Apps and a filter on one of your unpublished apps. Set environment = to hub. Hit the audit button. Click on any user other than yourself and click on associated rules. Or just double click on the "R" next to another users name. That will get you to the offending rule(s) that you need to fix. Perhaps by using syntax like resource.IsOwned() and resource.owner = user.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like your the custom security rule you created for the custom roles is causing the issue. Verify your custom rules and fix the issue from there.

uzername
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Steve. I followed permissions on R column, there is only two active rules (see below). I don't understand how they might change inherent behaviour for un-published apps (i.e. shared viewing). What am I missing?

exportAppData.JPG

createAppRUle.JPG

stvegerton
Creator III
Creator III

Looks like the "my createapp rule". Try adding and resource.owner.name=user.name

I think you can also drop the !user.is.Anonymous()  since you're requiring user type.

And I don't think you need the FileRefrence_* filter.

uzername
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks, using resource.owner  instead of resource.isowned  fixed it,