Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johanlindell
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Session usage and memory usage fails. Timestamp format issue?

I get no data in session usage and memory usage. The QlikView server in build 12.0.20001.0 and the timestampformat in the QlikView Server log files is "20170123T020206.000+0100", i.e an XML timestamp with timezone.

Publisher data works as timestamp format here is "2017-01-23 01:06:17".

How to resolve this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johanlindell
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Tyler,

Looks like a "mistake" on my side. We've just taken over a new client. Someone fired up QlikView 12 with one log folder, C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer, and then moved the log folder to another location, C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Log. So log-file files were found but more or less contained no records. Changing the path in QVGD to the right folder solved the problem.

I did try deleting the log-files in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer and then the reload failed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Johan

View solution in original post

6 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Which version of QGD?

-Rob

johanlindell
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

‌2.0.2. the latest I guess.

Johan

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In that case, I'll let twa‌ respond, as I believe it should work at that version,

-Rob

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Be sure you are reloading using QV 12 as it contains the update to engine for handling the session timestamps (which changed in QV12).

Can you confirm the version of QV you are using to reload GovDashboard?

johanlindell
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Tyler,

Looks like a "mistake" on my side. We've just taken over a new client. Someone fired up QlikView 12 with one log folder, C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer, and then moved the log folder to another location, C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Log. So log-file files were found but more or less contained no records. Changing the path in QVGD to the right folder solved the problem.

I did try deleting the log-files in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer and then the reload failed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Johan

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Glad this is resolved. And no worries - you are in good company when it comes to things like this.

Tyler