Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to filter KPI's using a button

I am currently using the "Sheet Navigation & Action" button but cannot figure out how to filter my KPI's when I click on the buttons. Each KPI represents some sort of calculation (Amount, count, etc.)

I am trying to give users the ability to focus on two separate date ranges: (Performance Year) and (Calendar Year)

Performance Year is from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017

Calendar Year is from 1/1/2017 - 12/31/2017

I already have the fields that define these dates but I want users to be able to click each button and pre populate instead of having to manually choose the time frames.

Can someone please explain the best way to do this. I've tried creating variables and selecting values in fields but I am not sure if I am doing it correctly.

Thanks,

Andrew

6 Replies
ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Andrew,

According to capabilities of this extension (shown below), I do not see possibilities of what you want.

1.jpg

That is, if I understand your idea. Qlik Sense focuses on the selection and not manual input data (today version Qlik Sense).

Regards,

Andrey

Not applicable
Author

I just figured it out..

FYI for anyone interested:

You can use the "Select Value in Field" and set it to the field you want to be the filter. In my instance I used the "Invoice_Date".

In the value section, just add the date range you are wanting it to filter to...

Once you click the button, the filter should adjust to the values you gave it

ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Yes, at the touch of a button will be pre-prescribed selection. But this, apparently, still goes to the user himself hands introduced minimum and maximum date.

If the selections are fixed in advance, it is easier to use bookmarks of Qlik Sense.

ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Andrew,

By the way, if you create a filter on a date field, you can simply write in the search expression for selection

1.jpg

Maybe this will help solve your problem.

Regards,

Andrey

sasqliksense
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Andrew,

I am using the same extension, but I am not able to do the filter based on my criteria.

Please help me out the options I need to select. As of now I am doing below steps.

1. Navigation Behavior -> Navigation Action - None

2.Actions->Actions before navigating - Enabled

First Action - Select Value in Field

Field SUBJECT

Value 'English'

Regards

Sas

ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Sasikiran,

I think you'd better ask the author expansion Issues · stefanwalther/sense-navigation · GitHub

In my example, your sequence of actions does not work too.

Actually this topic is discussed here Select value in field doesn't work · Issue #62 · stefanwalther/sense-navigation · GitHub

Regards,

Andrey