8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2017 8:49 AM by Michael Tarallo RSS

Data not loading in Qlik Sense Desktop

Michael Popa

I am trying to load data into QS Desktop.  When using the menu process I select my file and click load and the screen turns white and nothing loads.  Waited for 5+ minutes.  Cancelled action.  Restarted QS and tried dragging my file from window explorer to data load screen.  It has been initializing Add data for over 5 minutes.  File is relatively small; ~ 40k records.

I am using a Surface Pro4 with windows 10.  I have used this device and process for over a year with not challenges.

Running QS Desktop 3.1 SP 4

• Re: Data not loading in Qlik Sense Desktop
          Michael Tarallo

Hi Michael -

Can you try the same steps - but open a web browser and go to http://localhost:4848/hub - and see if the same behavior occurs.

If it still does - can you go to:

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\QlikSenseBrowserCache

(You may need to enable access to hidden folders and files)

and delete that folder and restart Qlik Sense Desktop and try again.

Let me know

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo (@mtarallo) | https://twitter.com/mtarallo

Qlik

Michael Popa

http://localhost:4848/hub

"This Site Can't be reached."

Local host refused to connect.

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\QlikSenseBrowserCache

I do not have the menu structure and do not have access to Temp folder.

Michael Tarallo

OK so something changed since you last used Desktop.

Are you on a machine that is controlled by a domain profile, where auto-updates are sent etc. are are logged in with a different user id / profile than what you installed Desktop with?

This can be a few things.

Logged in with another account, possible no rights etc.

1) - You should have access rights to that structure for example mine is C:\Users\mtarallo\AppData\Local\Temp - you would need to turn on hidden files to see it: How to Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows 10 - Qlik Sense Desktop runs from the users directory C:\Users\mtarallo\Documents\Qlik\Sense and that temp directory I mentioned.

Possible Proxy issue

2) Your internet options - might have a proxy configured (if some sort of auto-update occurred) - you need to bypass  the proxy for local server addresses - 4 Ways to Open Internet Options in Windows 10 - go to Connections tab, LAN Settings, AND if the use proxy server is checked you should check the box that shows "bypass proxy for local server addresses"

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Michael Popa

I have executed all the steps above on two different laptops and a colleague also did it on a desk top and all results are the same.  Data does not load:  either white screen with nothing happening or a spinning symbol stating data is loading but it never loads.  I even let it process over night.  This is an issue for everyone on my team.  We have 5 engineers that have been trialing QS the past 6+ months or more as we were going to upgrade to a licensed version in Q1.  All five are experience the same issue since the latest update.

Very discouraged.

Michael Tarallo

Hi Michael - attach your log files please:

located here: C:\Users<user>\AppData\Local\Temp - in the local user directory

They should look like this:

If this does not help - let's see if we can do a quick screen share- with one of our SAs;

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Laurent Paume

Hi,

You might now upgrade to Qlik Sense 3.1.5 and see if it works now ?

Regards,

Laurent.

Beasy.

Michael Popa

Why do i not see where to attach a file?

The image includes my qliksense files.  none of them are .log

qsfiles.PNG