14 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2017 1:49 AM by Fatih Sahin RSS

Qlik Sense Cloud Business - data sources

Boris Tyukin

Looks like even paid subscriptions do not allow connecting Qlik Sense cloud to databases. Am I missing something or it is really limited to uploaded files, Qlik Data Market and attachments?

• Re: Qlik Sense Cloud Business - data sources
          Robert Hutchings

Hi

No you are not missing anything

Although there is a SalesForce link. And more links are planned. Including an in-house servers link. Im unsure when this will be done but hopefully soon

NB. The difference between uploaded files.

- Import Data (>>Data Files). These can be used by all Apps in one Workspace.

- Attach Files (>>Attached Files) Can only be used for one App

One option that I will test tomorrow is to create QVDs using the private edition (save in one folder) and upload in one go using attach files.

Michael Tarallo

Thanks Rob - Hi Boris - just to add to Rob's discussion:

Additional cloud-based sources - like Salesforce (available now) and then REST (available shortly) will be part of Qlik Sense Cloud - there are also plans to start integrating the many Web Connectors that we have available for Enterprise - those will be implemented in time. Connectivity to on-premise sources and providing a scheduled and automated solution for uploading files to the group workspace is also in the plans.

Attached files - only works with one APP as Rob stated, but note - the source data actually comes along with the app and is part of the app size and counts towards the quota. Attached files is nice for prototyping and migrating apps from one system to the other with the source data intact - that way others can continue to work with the app and source data on another system. Qlik Sense Cloud apps are limited to 25MB file size with attach data.

Hope this brings some additional clarity.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Boris Tyukin

thank you both, it is good to hear there are plans to implement this - needless to say that we all love QlikView and Sense for the generous connectivity options and ODBC / JDBC connections are essential.

One follow up question - I do not see this in documentation but Rob you mentioned you can upload files. Do you mean manual import or there is a way to automate it by pushing files to FTP or something like that? not hoping it is possible right now but I figured I would ask

Michael Tarallo

Hi Boris - manually upload at the moment, with plans to automate in the future.

Robert Hutchings

Hi Boris

I have two clients who may start using cloud business before too long. I have said as an interim measure (until its all automated) they could run one App (private edition) to create all the QVDs and save to one folder and then upload all of these QVDs in one go using IMPORT DATA. Say do this at 9am each day with the automatic daily refreshes set at say 10am. (I would do this based partly on an incremental load basis if they give the go ahead).

But I really like cloud business (including the price that competes nicely with PBI) but a lot more needs to be done. I find this 3 steam limit annoying for example. And not being able to export to Excel. And only a daily update etc etc etc. I hope Qlik address these issues soon. I can understand why the price vs options is a balancing act but they need to grow this side quickly without too many limitation putting potential buyers off.

Fatih Sahin

Merhaba,

Ben Fatih.

Ortalama 5 kullanıcı bir yerde Qlik Sense Enterprise satın almak hayal.

Alternatif olarak. Qlik Sense Cloud kullandırabiliriz. Fakat hiç bir Database bağlantı seçeneği yok.

Satış raporları yapabileceğim Json servis oluşturduk. Json servisimi kullanarak REST seçeneği ile Bağlanmak istiyorum.

Connection (REST) Failed to connect to server hatası veriyor.

Aynı Json servis. Qlik Sense Desktop da bağlanıyor.

İstanbul > Türkiye

Fatih Sahin
                      • Otomatik veri yenilemeleri  seçeneği Cloud Business paketinde var gösteriyor. Bunu nasıl yapabiliyorum. Bu özellik yazıyor ama hiç bir yerde yapılamıyor.