17 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2011 4:28 AM by Rajeev Sontakey RSS

Getting Virtual memory error.

Vikas Singh

i am getting following error.

OUT OF VIRTUAL AND/OR LOGICAL MEMORY, allocating 2 mb

• Getting Virtual memory error.
          Miguel Angel Baeyens de Arce

Hello,

Can you elaborate further on how are you getting that error? Try disabling expressions and removing dimensions in a chart to debug where the issue is.

Hope that helps.

Vikas Singh

i used to get this error when ever i reload the data .

In my straight table i have expression and dimentions. I have only one join that is based on the column name. I dont have any complex join. In expression i am using the is statement to get the sum of a particular column based on the date range. So i don think i have any complex expression.In dimention field also i have the displaying the column based on the selected date range.

Any suggetion. Do i need to have some setting change.

Vikas Singh

Any way i need those expression for displaying in the straight table.

And in expression also i am just using if statement to get the data for the selected date range.

How do i remove my error ??

Vikas Kumar Singh wrote:And in expression also i am just using if statement to get the data for the selected date range
                    How do i remove my error ??

Probably using a set analysis instead of an If() conditional will work, but without knowing how have you coded the expression is hard to know.

Regards.

Vikas Singh

Hi Thanks for your reply.Following is the if statement i am using in expression. That i have used in my straight table.

=(IF( ((DATE(CRDT,'MM/DD/YYYY')>=DATE#(Start_Date,'MM/DD/YYYY')) and( DATE(CRDT,'MM/DD/YYYY')<=DATE#(End_Date,'MM/DD/YYYY'))),

SUM(APPT_CNT)))

In dimention also i am using the same if statement to display the crdt(created date) for the seleted date range.

Like this I have 8 espression .

Please help me out.

I am displaying the sum of appt_cnt for a particular date range . Start_Date and End_Date is coming from the calender control.

I am displaying the sum of appt_cnt for a particular date range . Start_Date and End_Date is coming from the calender control.

In dimention also i am using the same if statement to display the crdt(created date) for the seleted date range.

Like this I have 8 espression .

Please help me out.

Hi,

The first I'd do is to do the CRDT Date transformation in the script

TableLabel: LOAD ..., Date(CRDT,'MM/DD/YYYY') AS CRDT, ...

And similar with your variables (not in the script, but in the place where their values are changed, a slider calendar object, likely. The easier the format is the faster the expression will perform.

Besides, regardless of some other hardware/computer issues, your expression above (as any using a conditional) may cause a poor performance in the chart rendering. It may be not the cause of your problem but I'd give a shot to the following expression using set analysis instead:

SUM({< CRDT = {"=DATE(CRDT,'MM/DD/YYYY') >= DATE(DATE#(Start_Date, 'MM/DD/YYYY')))", "=DATE(CRDT, 'MM/DD/YYYY') <= DATE(DATE#(End_Date, 'MM/DD/YYYY')))"} >} APPT_CNT)

Hope this helps.

Ashfaq Mohammed

Hi

Even I faced this error long back. This sort of error will arise,

when you run out of memory. or use use improper joining.

Try to resolve the join issue and also try to upgrate your developemenr machine's RAM

Regards

ASHFAQ

You can increase the size of Virtual Memory. Virtual memory should be (Generally) 1.5 times the size of RAM. Basically it is the part of the Secondary disk which the computer uses when it runs out of Phisycal RAM.

To increase Windows Virtual Memory

1. Right-Click My Computer

2. Go to Properties

3. Go to Advance Tab

4. Go to Performance > Settings

5. Go to Advance Tab

6. Go to Virtual Memory > Change

7. Select drive you want to use for Virtual Memory

8. Select Custom size

8.1. Generally Initial Size should be 2 G and Maximum size should be 1.5 Times your RAM.

9. Set > OK > Apply > OK (Save Everything)

10. You need to restart the computer

Check if your problem is solved. If no try to increase the Virtual Memory a little more.

I Hope this works out.

All the Best

Rajeev Sontakey ( rajeevmeets@gmail.com )

s j

what is the data volume ?.

Paul Routledge

I am also getting this error when loading and joining 6 tables from an access database. But in my case it is not QlikView's fault.

My dataload works fine when I use an ODBC connection previously set up in ODBC Manager like this

ODBC CONNECT TO [MyDataSourceName;DBQ=my.accdb;];

But when I use OLEDB connection like this

CONNECT TO [Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=my.accdb;];

I get the out of memory error.

As far as QliKView is concerned both approaches are loading the same amount of data and performing the same joins etc. One driver works , the other (older!!) driver doesn't.

There may be more to this error message than meets the eye