Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II

Limit of rows/records to import from table

Hi,

I am new to QV, and would like to use it for reports I am currently doing in excel. I'm trying to import a comma delimited file with 130 000 records. Everything works perfectly, except it only imports the top 77,972 rows of data. It does this every time, and itgives me no error message (I thought it might be a RAM issue).

Please help me figure this out!

Thanks

6 Replies
Not applicable

Hi gerhardl,

Is the data in the single sheet of excel or in Multiple sheets.

gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

It is in a single sheet (when opening in excel) - but I import it from a ~ delimited text file, not from an excel file.

Not applicable

Is it possible to share the excel sheet. Let me give a try

gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I'm afraid not. The .txt file is a full account extract (130,000 lines and about 150 fields) and is almost 100mb in size. It also has sensitive account information so I am technically not allowed to share it as it is.

Please note that I need to import this from the .txt file and not from an excel file.

gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Is it posible that it is a memory problem? It seems unlikely to me, as then the issue would occur for many people, plus I get no error message.

If I open the file in excel and then save it as an excel file and try to import that from QV, my computer freezes for a few minutes and then gives me an error message "out of virtual and/or logical memory. allocating 512 MB", then it freezes again for a while and just shows "error" in the QV script editor.

This is not the case when I import the text file, it just imports perfectly, but only up until line 77,972

gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II
Author

So I figured it out in case anyone comes accross it again:

There was a rogue quotation character (") in the 77973rd row. In the file wizard there is a dropdown list for Quoting options - by default it is set to MSQ - change this to "None" and problem solved.