6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2011 4:08 PM by Oleg Troyansky RSS

Stack bars behind each other

Gerhard Laubscher

Hi,

Can anyone help me to get the following chart to display the bars BEHIND each other and not on top. I would like it to display as in the selected "Look" thumbnail (the bottom picture on the Styles Tab.

Thanks,

G

• Stack bars behind each other
          Oleg Troyansky

Let me guess (practicing telepathic connection :-) - you have a single Dimension and 2 Expressions, and you wanted your 2 Expressions to get arranged behind each other...

Well, it looks like you can only position multiple Dimensions like this, but not multiple expressions.

If I guessed correctly, what you can do as a work around is - create a synthetic dimension using function ValueList(), and then combined your two expressions into a single expression that's conditioned on the value of the ValueList():

IF (ValueList('M', 'F') = 'M', Expr1, Expr2)

This way, you convert your two expressions into an extra Dimension

• Stack bars behind each other
              Deepak Vadithala

Oleg - Thanks so much for this one. Your telepathic connection is successfull! I need exactly the same solution.

But I can't seem to get around the syntax.

Below is the information :

Dimension Name : TransactionName which contains 2 values (Store Purchaser & Market Purchaser)

2 Expressions : Sum (Amount] and Count (Amount)

I am using the below expressions referring to your previous post...

=IF (ValueList('Store Purchaser', ' Market Purchaser') = 'Store Purchaser', Sum (Amount), Count (Amount))

But I can't seem to get this working.

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in anticipation.