From my experience, you can not access the QMC / HUB with local accounts from the machine (vm or otherwise) on which Qlik is installed.
I run Qlik Sense 3.2 on a VM and then, from outside of the VM, hit the qlik sense server via it's domain/ip (if you want to use a domain name, you'll need to update your hosts file). and boom - works fine.
Procedurally it looks like this:
- install Qlik on a VM, start all services and confirm they are running
- from a ps or cmd prompt : ipconfig and find the ip of the vm
- leave VM (alt-tab out, leave the VM running - sorry goes without saying, I know)
- add the ip and whatever you want to reference the vm qlik server as to your hosts file ( ie 220.127.116.11 qliksense)
- while still outside the vm, open a browser and navigate to https://qliksense (or whatever you labeled it in hosts)
- Use one of the local accounts you established on the VM (any admin account should be fine)
Talked with Qlik support about it and there was a problem after installation. During installation everything checked green. But there where no log files writen even during logon attemps. Because it's a new server and setup of Qlik without any data we deinstalled the application and installed the latest version 3.2. After installation everything went smooth. Login with the local user worked. After this I was able to link a user database and configure the environment.