Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pacoli2013
Creator
Creator

standard procedures

Hello,

I was asking myself if there are standard procedures and rules in Qlikview for solving Year, Quarter, Month, Week and Day problems.  Reason I’m asking that, is I as programmer/developer love standard procedures/rules for solving problems, it makes life as a programmer/developer much easier.

In Qlikview I see often expressions to filter data. Filters based on Year, Quarter, Month, Week or Day. For example: there is Budget based on year and month and an Actual based on week and day. To compare them you have to bring Actual on year/month level which is much easier as bringing Budget on week/day level (in my opinion).

For year/month filters  you can use expressions like:

= Sum({$ < Year = {$(= vCurrentYear)}, Month = {"<= $(=max(Month))"}, Quarter =, Month= > } ActualAmount)

= Sum({$ < Year = {$(= vCurrentYear)}, Month = {"<= $(=max(Month))"}, Quarter =, Month= > } BudgetAmount)

= Sum({$ < Year = {$(= max(Year)-1)}, Month = {"<= $(=max(Month))"}, Quarter =, Month= > } ActualAmount)

1. Etc. 

When you have users who want to see the amounts on week/daily bases, hut how to use week/day filters then when you Actual daily-amounts and Budget month-amounts?

Are there expressions to translate budget into daily bases, or should you build a Year, Quarter, Month, Week and Day table with the amounts in your script?

So when there are standard procedures or standard expressions for re-calculate month-amounts into week/day amounts and filter them, please let me know. Or show me where I can find them.

Regards

Court

0 Replies