Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview OLE DB not reading in data from oracle correctly for Japanese Characters

Im connecting to an oracle database using OLE DB connection and getting data through SQL that contains japanese characters. For some reason, qlikview does not read in the data correctly even when i add codepage is 65001(which is utf8) to the connection string. However, when i export the data from the database to a csv separately and then load that csv into qlikview, it is able to read the japanese characters. I've tried with ODBC connection as well and it was able to get 1 japanese character but the rest were still the upside down question marks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Figured it out. I was using the Microsoft OLE DB for oracle driver initially and switched it to the Oracle for OLE DB driver (provider=OraOLEDB) that is at the bottom of the list of available driver connections and it works perfectly now. No need for codepages or anything extra.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Figured it out. I was using the Microsoft OLE DB for oracle driver initially and switched it to the Oracle for OLE DB driver (provider=OraOLEDB) that is at the bottom of the list of available driver connections and it works perfectly now. No need for codepages or anything extra.