3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2017 2:57 PM by Michael Tarallo RSS

Cloud access to data through SSH Tunnel

Mark Ritter

I am working with a client who will be using the Qlik Cloud.  To access their data you must first login to a SSH Tunnel.  We are using Putty to do that. 

My question is if we go with the Business version is it possible to schedule automatic updates using this tool or some other?  Or will this always be a manual process to first login to the Tunnel and then do a reload?

• Re: Cloud access to data through SSH Tunnel
          Michael Tarallo

Hi Mark - if the data files are only accessible once you are tunnel'd in - you will have to do this manually. However you may be interested in this approach I proto-typed using the REST connector when available. It may give you some ideas.

Update your Qlik Sense Cloud Business workgroup data files with REST and Dropbox - Proof of Concept

Let me know what you think.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Mark Ritter

I don't know that proof of concept will work for us.  Manual updates are not terrible.

What does the manual update process look like?  I am currently using the free version and can not do that.  I don't want to upgrade to look at it.  Is there a video or some documentation on how this works?

Michael Tarallo

Hi Mark

A manual update consists of interacting with the HUB user interface to add / replace / overwrite the data file to the data file area. Then you would need to go into the app and go into the data manager and click Reload when you are using the FREE version Qlik Sense Cloud Basic.

With Qlik Sense Cloud Business - you can manually refresh or schedule a refresh - but they both consist of you uploading the new data file to the work area.

Refreshing data in Qlik Sense Cloud app - YouTube - Qlik Sense Cloud Business - assumes new data has been added to the data workgroup area.

HTH

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik