Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erjohnso
Creator
Creator

Multiple Distribution Service IDs in QVPR files?

We recently migrated our QlikView (12.02) environment to a new server and now experiencing an issue in QMC where our tasks and source folders are gone and when going to QMC > System > Setup > QVS@myservername, I get the following error:

ERROR: Failed to load because item with ID 64xxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx does not exist. Make sure that QVS is available with the correct credentials.

Licenses are good, service ID on the server has admin rights. So after scouring the community and help pages, I found that a few of the QVPR files have distribution service IDs that do not match the correct ID (64xxx...). I stopped all services and corrected the IDs to match but the following files roll the ID back to the wrong IDs (from test server and eval license):

DirectoryResource

MailTemplate

QDSCluster

SourceDocumentFolderResource

The only solution I found was to uninstall and reinstall QVS...but hoping there is a simpler solution that I am missing that will prevent these files from overwriting the QDS ID into the xml code.

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erjohnso
Creator
Creator
Author

FYI, I found that the configuration file in the C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService folder also had the wrong service ID so after stopping services, changing the ID and restarting services, all is back to normal. All tasks returned to QMC like magic!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
erjohnso
Creator
Creator
Author

FYI, I found that the configuration file in the C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService folder also had the wrong service ID so after stopping services, changing the ID and restarting services, all is back to normal. All tasks returned to QMC like magic!

tiago_juncioni
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi,

Where you found the correct ID?

Thanks