11 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2017 12:48 PM by Sunny Talwar RSS

nPrinting Filter

Sunny Talwar

Hi Team -

I have created an nPrinting report where I want to use a filter. The field I am filtering on is not a part of the chart that I am trying to email. Does filters only work when the field you want to filter on is part of the chart?

Best,

Sunny

• Re: nPrinting Filter
          Avinash R

If its the part of the data model? then it will work . It acts as the normal filter if its s variable then your chart should has the variable in that ...hope this answers your question

Sunny Talwar

It is a normal filter, but for some reason the whole chart (without any filtration) is emailed to the recipients. I have no clue what might need to change here

Avinash R

It could be for couple of reason.

1.Any other filters applied ? which might override this filter

2. Filter value might have changed , check the data once

3.Where the filters are applied ? In the task level or report level. I preffer to do it at the Report level ..

4.Change in data model or any Single select value update on any list box

Sunny Talwar

1.Any other filters applied ? which might override this filter

• There is only one filter.

2. Filter value might have changed , check the data once

• the data has not changed (added the application to nprinting today and I know the data hasn't changed)

3.Where the filters are applied ? In the task level or report level. I preffer to do it at the Report level ..

• I initially started with task level filter, but then I just put the same filter on both the locations. Does that make any differnece?

4.Change in data model or any Single select value update on any list box

• Not sure I understand this one?
                    Sunny Talwar

You were right, it did work. I just had to apply another filter to see the number of rows go down.

Thanks Avinash!!

Best,

Sunny

Sunny Talwar

The issue seems to have resolved by adding the filter field into the chart. Not sure if this is a bug or if this is intended functionality, but it works for me now.

Best,

Sunny

Avinash R

It should work...is their any aggregation in the chart ?

Sunny Talwar

Its an app that was developed by a user, so I am not really sure what that chart uses for expression, but it is a straight table with expressions. So I am sure it must be using aggregations.

I guess the point is that when I did not have it as dimension, it was not filtering out, but when I did add it as a dimension it worked. But while I was typing my response, another thing came to mind. I think you might be right, but let me test it out on Monday before I can let you know if it worked or not.

Best,

Sunny