Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to create bucketing on frontend

I have a dataset of Debtors in which I calculated the Outstanding Amount in frontend by set analysis. I have a doubt that how can i do bucketing on outstanding amount in frontend....

5 Replies
priyasawant
Creator II
Creator II

Bucketing can be created on the front end by using if statement, but i would suggest you kindly create it in the backend only..

Can you provide your dummy data 

khalander
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

GO through below discussion

Buckets using Class function

cotiso_hanganu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Your request can go towards 2 directions:

- bucketing on some already calculated values, that are available in a field of a table.

- bucketing for some aggregated values, that are not already precal !culated in

The first one should be straight forward, using class function, for regular intervals (or you can check an exponential interval bucketing solution explained in our blog here: Creating exponential buckets in QlikView charts | QQinfo | Informatie inteligenta cu viteza gandului )

The second request can get a little bit tricky...,  but here it is attached a small prototype I made today that I believe it could cover your need... I assumed you have one table with all transactions, like a Transaction Journal, and that you have already matched in the script the payments to certain invoices. (If you have not this, you can call us to help you on that, too )

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes Sure,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Cotiso,

Actually I have already calculated the outstanding amount on Front end by using set analysis.So that is why i want to make Bucketing on frontend on outstanding amount.