4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 24, 2017 4:22 AM by Kashif Ansari RSS

Qlik Sense Server  3.2 Setup - What is this Database Service Listener for?

Jim Chan

Hi guys,

I am installing Qlik Sense Server 3.2, i dont understand what is this part?

In a Single Server/Single Node Environment - Can i just skip this part and click next?

In a Dual Node Environment, if i am installing central node 1st, do i need to fill up the database Service Listener?

Any example of screenshots how and what i should key in?

Rgds

Jim

• Re: Qlik Sense Server  3.2 Setup - What is this Database Service Listener for?
          Vincenzo Esposito

Hi Jim,

Qlik Sense relies on Postgress as Repo. By default Postgress is configured to listen only on local address, so you can use it just locally. On a single node configuration, as you can immagine, doesn't really matter how it is configured since all services sit on the same box. On a multi node environment depends on the architecture you gonna choose.

The sync architecture use a software layer to sync all repos on each node, so doesn't need to open the Postgress listening on the network

In the shared architecture all nodes point to the same Postgress database, so you need to open the listner to allow the connection from  nodes.

In any case you can change the behaviour just editing the file

C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.3\pg_hba.conf