Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samuel_lin
Creator
Creator

Action canceled by user - General Error??!

Hello Qlikers,

I have been trying to run a loop in load script, during the process, it almost used up all the RAM (64GB) when the memory limit is hit, it gets stuck and slow down for a while and then this error occurs.

Has anyone seen this error? "Action canceled by user? How do I set my loop up to save more RAM? is there settings in Qlik that can help with this?

general error.PNG

Thank you!!

Samuel

2 Replies
ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Samuel,

Unfortunately, the material provided Is not enough for suggesting anything useful at once.

From my experience, a similar errors occurred when incorrectly linking tables. Try again to go through the script code and analyze what happens to the tables as they linking, whether multiple keys or circular references are generated.

Comment out all the script code and start adding one by one table in sequence, removing part of comment and analyzing the result in the "View data model" window after each part of comment is deleted. At a minimum, you will find point of code where the memory runs out when loading, and an error is output.

Regards,

Andrey

john_oll
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I encountered the "Error: Action canceled by user" today in a Qlikview reload.
The reason for the error was: It aborted due to a full outer join generating close to 2 billion lines (where an interval match would have made more sense).
So maybe "not enough RAM due to bad code written by developer" would be the correct translation of

"Action canceled by user"

😉