Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wade12
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

QV formatting background colour

This is my current set-up:

Straight Table

7 Expressions: Name, Title, Plant, Supervisor, Manager, Location, Date

Now, if an employee has date >1970  and I want to colour ‘Name’

I go into ‘Name -> Background Colour’ in Expressions

and in Definition type:

if([Date] >=’1970-01-01’,green()).

So, if any employee has a Date (>1970) their name will be coloured with a green background colour.

In order to highlight the entire row (green background colour),

Do I really need to individually edit each expression as above and copy/paste

if([Date] >=’1970-01-01’,green()).

Surely there must be a better way to copy the format across the entire row?

Please advise.

Thank you in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

AFAIK this won't be possible after the creation of the expression unless with some macro-stuff. If you know that you would need such a formatting before you create all expressions you could include this formatting and then copy+paste the whole expression within the expression-list (mark one, right click, copy, choose a empty part on the bottom of this list-window and right click again and paste). After this you could overwrite the expression and the label with your further expression requirements and keep all layout-settings on them.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

AFAIK this won't be possible after the creation of the expression unless with some macro-stuff. If you know that you would need such a formatting before you create all expressions you could include this formatting and then copy+paste the whole expression within the expression-list (mark one, right click, copy, choose a empty part on the bottom of this list-window and right click again and paste). After this you could overwrite the expression and the label with your further expression requirements and keep all layout-settings on them.

- Marcus

wade12
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks Marcus, I will try your suggestion.