Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacqueshol
Creator
Creator

Selecting either Budget or Reforecast to measure Actuals against

Hi All,

I am almost embarrassed asking for help on this as I am pretty sure there has to be an easy solution by using a variable, but I just can't seem to crack it .

Anyway, we have a budget that is set for the 12 months of a financial year.  As the months go buy, we tend to do 2 or 3 reforecasts of these budgets. The monthly Actuals are then compared to these.  These values are pulled from Accpac, where the Accpac field name FSCSDSG represents the following:

FSCSDSG = 'A' (for actuals).  This is pulled into QlikView as field "sum(TRANSAMT)"

FSCSDSG = '1' (for original budget).  This is pulled into QlikView as field "sum(BudgetAmt)"

FSCSDSG = '2' (for reforecast 1).  This is pulled into QlikView as field "sum(Forecast1)"

FSCSDSG = '3' (for reforecast 2).  This is pulled into QlikView as field "sum(Forecast2)"

FSCSDSG = '4' (for reforecast 3).  This is pulled into QlikView as field "sum(Forecast3)"

What I need assistance with, is the following.  I need a dropdown / filter box (or something similar) for a user to choose as to what he/she wants to compare the Actuals (TRANSAMT) with.  For example, I want the user be able to select either Original Budget or Reforecast 1 or 2 or 3 in the second column below.  This selection needs to hold true throughout the model and not just this particular visualization.

Header 1ActualsOriginal Budget or Reforecast 1 or Reforecast 2 or Reforecast 3
Jan120100
Feb210200
Mar175150

In summary, I want the user to select against what he / she would like to measure Actuals against, whether it is the original Budget, Reforecast 1 or 2 or 3.  The model is comprehensive, so I would think a variable should be the solution, but really need help on this.

Thanks in anticipation,

Jacques

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please see attached sample.

With a few tweaks it should work for you...

Hope this helps!

jacqueshol
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Deran,

Thank you kindly for your response, but there is no attached example.

Take care,

Jacques

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jacques,

I see it in the previous message...

Try logging off and checking if it shows up or login again to check.

Ill attach it here once more..

Thanks

jacqueshol
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Deran,

I feel like a real idiot.  I have done everything you suggested by logging off and logging in again.  Even restarted my PC, but I don't see your attachment, neither in your first or second message.  I really don't understand it. Rather frustrating.

It is just so annoying as I think it should be a rather easy thing to do, but I just can't seem to crack it.

Anyway, thank you kindly for your assistance.

Stay well,

Jacques

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jacques,

No worries. This happens. There should be a way to be able to see the attached items. Log out. clear web cache/history etc. Go to google and search for your thread (using the exact same thread heading) and see if it shows up when you enter this way. Or try using a different web browser and doing the same.

Let us know how that goes.

Someone who has experienced this might be able to help.

Thanks

jacqueshol
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Deran,

No, unfortunately I just don't seem to get the attachment. Anyway, I was able to solve it.  I will post the solution in a independent post.

jacqueshol
Creator
Creator
Author

I was able to get to a solution by creating a variable called vField.  With this I used an Input Box to pass the value to vField and perform my calculations on that. Works a charm in QlikView .  Then I decided to move my solution to Qlik Sense and my solution fell apart as Qlik Sense does not support Input Boxes.