Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Below function - Balance b/f to equal Balance c/f

Hi

I have data relating to call activity.  Showing new calls opened and closed per day.  I need assistance with a chart table to get the correct balance brought forward (b/f) which is dependent on the balance carried forward(c/f) from the previous day.

Balance b/f + New Open Calls  = Total Open Calls - Closed Calls = Balance c/f

So for eg, at the end of 30 Aug 2016, the balance c/f is 1, and the balance brought forward for 31 Aug 2016, should be 1, however I'm struggling to get it right. I've tried below function with no success.  For now, I let it equal to 0 for simplicity.

I have attached the data and the model and also attached is an Ideal Solution (in excel) that the chart table in Qlikview should look like.

Your help will be appreciated.

Kind regards

Nayan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

Check the attached

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Sunny for your reply.  Will try it on my original model and let you know.

Kind regards

Nayan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Sunny.  It works.  Much appreciated

sunny_talwar

Awesome...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny

One more query,  If I select a particular date, the balance b/f should be an accumulated balance carried forward of previous day and should not revert to zero.  Or if i restrict the chart to last 7 days, the balance brought b/f should also be accumulation of all open calls up to that date.

Below are screen shots:

1. Is the screen shot of original chart, highlighting 12 Sep (no selection)
  2. When i selected 12 Sep, the balance b/f is 0.  I still want to reflect 393 and not 0
  3. Showing the last 7 days.  The balance b/f should not be zero.

How do you achieve this. 

Can you assist again.  Thanks

Kind regards

Nayan

Balance 12 Sep - 393.JPG

Balance 12 Sep  Selected.JPG

Balance Last 7 Days.JPG

sunny_talwar

PFA

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny

Thank you for quick response.  It works.   One more query, regarding the last 7 days chart table, if I select a date say , 12 Sep , I want the table to show last 7 days from the 6th to the 12th, bearing in mind that the 6th Sep balance b/f should be the accumulation of previous days.

Kind regards

Nayan

sunny_talwar

Here you go

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny

Thank you so much for all your help .  It works .  Much appreciated

Kind regards

Nayan