Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense CLOB 100 character load limit?

Hi there,

I am using Qlik Sense 3.1 SR1 in a server environment. I am pulling from Oracle R12 via OLE DB drivers. Everything works great, and it's pretty snappy.

I've discovered that one of our long text fields is getting truncated to 100 characters. I can't figure out why, however IT has informed me that it's stored as a CLOB attribute.

I have searched through this forum and others to try and find a valid front-end solution, but it seems like most of it is related to failed loads, not truncated loads. Does anyone have any input or experience with this issue? If so, any help retrieving the full text from the field, or even a few thousand characters would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

It's not a limit of Qlik Sense. Probably a limit of the oledb driver. Perhaps the same as mentioned here: powershell - OLEDB truncating Oracle LONG datatype to 100 characters - Stack Overflow

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

It's not a limit of Qlik Sense. Probably a limit of the oledb driver. Perhaps the same as mentioned here: powershell - OLEDB truncating Oracle LONG datatype to 100 characters - Stack Overflow

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks. It wasn't this issue, but it was indeed another cause not related to Qlik.