cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using API qlikView for obtain metadata of *.qvw files

Hello!

Please tell me how to connect the API described here QlikView Version 11 SDK

How do I use it to get a list of metadata for the project (the name of Sheet, expression, sources, aggregations, script).

If the API is written in .NET. Is it possible to use it through Java? What do you need to connect in Java? OCX or ActivX

Do you really need a special license to work with the API? Https://community.qlik.com/thread/11518?

3 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

You might look at the Document Analyzer: Tools | Qlikview Cookbook

Not applicable
Author

I need the metadata that there is none in this Tool

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Huh?

Everything you mentioned as "metadata" except for the script code is available in the Document Analyzer.

If you don't like the Document Analyzer, or you want to process information from multiple documents at the same time, you just use the XML-header that is embedded in every QVW file. That header also details the LOAD/SELECT statements that are used to create the tables that are present in the data model (see the LineageInfo tag).

It's not too difficult to load those headers in a QlikView Document. Open the script editor, click the Table Files button, select a QVW document and change the File Type to XML.

And the discussion you are referring too talks about licenses for the OCX component. The OCX component is not required to read metadata from QVW files. And it requires an OEM license, nothing else.