cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

can't select multiple fields such as date or store; only one at a time

I am new to Qlik Sense. I have a table with a filter pane that has:

TxnYear     TxnMonth   TxnDate     Store#      Associate

When I select the TxnYear, I can select the date and month.

When I try to select the Store# or Associate, all other selections immediately clear.

My understanding was that successive selections on the filters would narrow the search increasingly. In my case,

I want to select a TxnYear and Month, a Store, and the Associate's sale at that particular store.

From my reading of the documentation, this is the default way that Qlik Sense operates. It's certainly what I was

used to in QlikView.

Is there a global setting or something that I missing?

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If your selections in other fields clear if you select a Store# then those Store# values are not associated with records that contain TxnYear/Month/Date values. It's a problem in your data model. Qlik Sense works no different than QlikView.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If your selections in other fields clear if you select a Store# then those Store# values are not associated with records that contain TxnYear/Month/Date values. It's a problem in your data model. Qlik Sense works no different than QlikView.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

thanks, Gilbert.My original data model has TxnDate, and I derive TxnYear, Month, and Week from that (e.g TxnYear = Year(TxnDate), etc. ). My script was

LOAD

TxnID,

Associate,

Store#

Item#,

TxnDate

FROM BaseData.qvd

JOIN

LOAD

TxnID,

TxnDate,

Year(TxnDate)

FROM BaseData.qvd

Group by TxnID, TxnDate

I had to create some test data, and I inserted that between the LOAD statements above.

Join

LOAD

TxnID,

ItemItemNumber,

FROM TestData.xls

Once I rearranged them, everything was good. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!