Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help & Advice for upgrade service packs from Qlikview 11.20 SR 12 to S13

Hello,

I'm a relatively new client to Qlikview and I have limited Qlikview Admin Experience.   I recently found out that I'm working on an unsupported version of Qlikview.  Before I can upgrade to Qlikview 12, I would like to install the SR packages that I'm behind on. 

Currently I am using Qlikview 11.20 SR 12 and I would like to upgrade to SR13.   From there, I will install the next couple of rounds of SR packages.  I would like to do that them one at a time so I can easily track any negative impacts to my applications (if any).  (plus it would be good practice).

If I'm doing a basic SR upgrade, then I'm just upgrade my Desktop version correct and nothing changes with services?  I'm trying to find an upgrade for dummies because the Release Notes and the Manual Reference Guide left me with more questions.

Can someone provide with me steps on how I should so a service pack upgrade?

Step 1 would be to back up all my current applications?

How do my current applications get the new SR release? do I have to open each one? 

Any help will greatly be appreciated it!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
craigsutton
Creator
Creator

What I did was zip the /%ProgramData%/Qliktech folder and kept the folder on the same server.  You can do everything on the same server.

You can open dashboards on Qlikview 12 developer on one computer, and on another computer open the same dashboard on Qlikview 11 developer (desktop application).

View solution in original post

5 Replies
craigsutton
Creator
Creator

Here's a guide on proper procedures for updating qlikview: Upgrade and Migration ‒ QlikView .  Essentially backup your Qlikview directory, stop all services, perform install, reboot server.  You'll need the windows account the current Qlikview services are running under.   If you are worried about the Qlikview developer tool messing up your current dashboards, I would make a backup.  I noticed that the dashboards will still open in the old QV11 even if they have been opened and saved with QV12.

Not applicable
Author

Ok, this is great information.  I think I didn't realize that I have to upgrade the Qlikivew WebServer in addition to Qlikview Desktop which was leading to my confusion. 

For the backups, do I have to turn on another server, or can I just back up to another drive on the same server and do everything from the same server?

How did you get the dashboard to open with 12 even if they were open and saved with upgraded version?

craigsutton
Creator
Creator

What I did was zip the /%ProgramData%/Qliktech folder and kept the folder on the same server.  You can do everything on the same server.

You can open dashboards on Qlikview 12 developer on one computer, and on another computer open the same dashboard on Qlikview 11 developer (desktop application).

mmpas4887
Contributor III
Contributor III

FYI:

We went from SR12 to SR16 in one jump with no adverse effects reported so far (4 days and counting)

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Morris! That is very good to know because I was thinking about to make that jump!