17 Replies Latest reply: Apr 7, 2017 6:07 AM by Prashant k RSS

How to add additional columns in QlikView

Prashant k

How can i add the additional column Rank and add the ranking logic in Qlikview.

i have a table as below with (Region ,Supplier Name & Average weights) , I need to rank the suppliers region wise  .So based on average weight, i rank a supplier only specific to that region . So every region would have its separate ranking based on weights.

RegionSupplier NameAverage weights
      (Weight*KPI's)
      Rank region wise
      APACxyz17.751
      APACxyz27.52
      APACxyz35.73
      Europeabc44.41
      Americasghi56.31
      Americasghi66.052
        • Re: How to add additional columns in QlikView
          Sunny Talwar

May be like this

Table:

LOAD * INLINE [

Region, Supplier Name, Average weights

APAC, xyz1, 7.75

APAC, xyz2, 7.5

APAC, xyz3, 5.7

Europe, abc4, 4.4

Americas, ghi5, 6.3

Americas, ghi6, 6.05

];

FinalTable:

LOAD *,

If(Region = Previous(Region), RangeSum(Peek('Rank'), 1), 1) as Rank

Resident Table

Order By Region, [Average weights] desc;

DROP Table Table;

Capture.PNG

Prashant k

Thanks Sunny this works.

I am new to QlikView . So ,One question ,how can i do multiplication between columns

Example : My Average weight is multiplication of (KPI * Weight %) , So my rank and Average weights is the output columns.

RegionSupplier NameKPI Weight %Average weights (KPI *Weight%)Rank region wise
              APACxyz110010%7.751
              APACxyz21005%7.52
              APACxyz310010%5.73
              Europeabc4807%4.41
              Americasghi510010%6.31
              Americasghi610010%6.052
                  Sunny Talwar

How do you get 7.75 by multiplying 100 with 10%?

Prashant k

Just an example ..ignore 7.75 ..the number to be populated in average weight should be %weight*KPI and then be ranked.

Sunny Talwar

May be this

Table:

LOAD *,

KPI * [Weight %] as [Average weights];

LOAD * INLINE [

Region, Supplier Name, KPI, Weight %

APAC, xyz1, 100, 10%

APAC, xyz2, 100, 5%

APAC, xyz3, 100, 10%

Europe, abc4, 80, 7%

Americas, ghi5, 100, 10%

Americas, ghi6, 100, 10%

];

FinalTable:

LOAD *,

If(Region = Previous(Region), RangeSum(Peek('Rank'), 1), 1) as Rank

Resident Table

Order By Region, [Average weights] desc;

DROP Table Table;

Prashant k

Thanks this work.

I am using a excel sheet to import Region, Supplier name, KPI and Weight % in my table . I have to create this table every month which can have additional suppliers names and different Weight % .

How can i keep my previous month table data every month and go on adding new table with new details (new supplier name , weight %)

So that i can compare every month the supplier rankings ?

Sunny Talwar

Create multiple qvds for each day and timestamp them so that you can compare days

Prashant k

Didn't get you .. may i elaborate  more..

I am currently doing a set of calculations to arrive on a final table (Table 1)

Table 1 is  created on month 1 to arrive on supplier rank 1 .

Now , i have to use the same script as i used for creating table 1 to create table 2 for month 2 and arrive on rank 2 for second month .

Every month , Table 2 data get added to Table 1 to create a archive table and new data get loaded in Table 2 .

and i have to compare the data of current and previous ranks .

Month 1Month 2Month 3Month 4
                                      Current Data TableTable 1Table 2Table 3Table 4
                                      Archive Table Table 1+Table 2Table 1+Table 2+Table 3
                                      Output column (Supplier Rank)Rank 1Rank 2Rank 3Rank 4
                                      Compare Rank Rank 2 vs Rank1Rank 1 vs Rank 2 vs Rank 3Rank 1 vs Rank 2 vs Rank 3 vs Rank 4

I don't want to maintain archive qvd's to upload every month for comparison . Is it possible to keep a table where

i can append data month on month and when comparison is required is can compare any month rank.

Sunny Talwar

When you reload your application, it reloads all the data (unless you are doing a partial reload). So, I am not sure how you plan to apend data month on month? Or may be I am still not sure what you are looking to get.... Taking a step back, this is table with the rank is needed in the script or you are looking to create this on the front end?

Prashant k

Ok ..let me explain

1. I have excel  sheet template with columns Region, Supplier name , KPI (in number ), Weight % (in %).

2. I export this sheet in qlikview and add two additional columns 1. Average Weight (KPI *Weight %) and  2. Rank (which is region wise supplier rank ) .

3. Now , for example consider this is my April data.

4. Next month i.e in May i will float the same excel sheet template and fetch new details , now my new details would be same set of supplier or new supplier added and changed KPI (in number ), Weight % (in %) .

5. Now i have to repeat the step 2 to arrive on new supplier rank for May.

6.Now i will do a comparison for May rank and April rank .

Now this goes on every month and i keep archiving my every month supplier data in a table and do current and previous month supplier rank comparison.

Hope i am clear now.

Sunny Talwar

Now this goes on every month and i keep archiving my every month supplier data in a table and do current and previous month supplier rank comparison.

What I am confused about is the fact that you mention that you keep archiving this every month, but you don't want to archive this in a qvd? So, you plan to load all the Excel files everytime you reload the app, or somehow you want the application to archive this information for you?

Prashant k

I want qlikview to archive this information for me.

In case qlikview cant do this....Just want to check the possibility to archive the every month qvd in single file... but i don't want to create  qvd for each month separately and load every month qvds for everytime i do comparison. For example : i have my april data qvd , then in month of may when i archive i should have the arpil month and may month data in a single qvd . So every time i just have to load a single archived qvd and the current month new table .