Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elalaoui_sara
Contributor
Contributor

Straight Table Export to Excel with Nprinting ( Transposing Column )

Hello

I have the below object on my .qvw :

Qvw.PNG                                        I need to export thin Object into Excel using Nprinting . I have added the Chart as Table to Excel template , when I run the Task the Object looks like below in Excel :

excel.PNG                                                                      I need to have the exact Chart in My Excel Report as the qlikView application ( A, B , C , D Columns in Horizontal instead of Vertical). could someone help me please? Thank you in Advance

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The answer is following:

You need to build another object and make sure that under Properties --> Horizonatal (Checkbox) is unchecked. Currently you have a straight table - transposed within QlikView. This transponse function is not carried to NPrinting and it won't be.

You will have to develop different chart - i think pivot table  - to achieve what you are trying to do.

This is normal NPrinting behaviour that it reads dimensions and measures and it pulls it accross. In your chart A,B,C..etc are your measures and Mois is your Dimension. You need to change this to ABC... beeing your dimension,Dates beeing your dimension in columns and numbers beeing single measure.

That is what i would do.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
elintham
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Is there any solution for this in Qlik Sense NPrinting? We would like to have the horizontal output. 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Qlik NPrinting cannot transpose a matrix by itself. If you have a Qlik Sense table (or a QlikView one) organized by column you could:

- clone and organize the new one by rows by using Qlik Sense or QlikView features. Remember to refresh the cache when done before using the new object in Qlik NPrinting. Also remember to close and reopen the Qlik NPrinting Designer because it reads the cache on opening

- Qlik NPrinting starting from September 2018 supporte Excel files with macros (.xlsm). You can add a macro in the report template and generate reports in .xlsm format. Please note that Qlik NPrinting never runs the macros code, it is just copied from the template to the reports. The recipients need to run the macros or you can trigger it on report opening.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
elintham
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

We are using Qlik Sense Web version with Qlik NPrinting April 2019 version. 

Do you have any sample macros to work around that? If so, could you please share as we are having difficulties coming up with the template that we need. 

This is the question I posted on the community. If you could let us know if that could be achieved using macro, and how to go about it, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Transpose-columns-from-a-straight-table-amp-release-...

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I'm sorry but in general we do not supply support on developing with third party tools. I suggest you to search on the web. I just check and it seems a common problem so there are many articles about it with VBA code. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.