Short answer is: NO. It is currently not supported.
You can however migrate wholer repository (inlcuding All apps, all connections etc.)
This is described well in help document.
Thank you for the confirmation. We have customers that are developing nPrinting reports on a "Dev" server then want to migrate completed work to a "Prod" server. At the moment, this process requires a rebuild of all that is in Dev. Do you know of any plans to enable the promotion of a single report project from one server to another, similar to using an .nsq in earlier versions of nPrinting?
Actually, I was under impression (after watching the second video in the article) that this feature exports/imports not only "report". They are talking about migrating few other things, including Filters and App's references...
From release notes: "Exported compressed files contain also the other information related to the report like users and filters."
Would be nice to check the final version....
It holds information what objects are used in report (filters etc..) but it does not migrate those objects...
Steps i have done to show this:
- I have exported report with filter
- I have deleted filter from NPrinting environment
- I have imported report from previously exported Zip file
- during import it indicates that there should be a filter in my environment that imported report is using (and clearly it is not there because i have deleted it) so it allows me to either create new one or match it with different filter from my filter list.
- the same applies to connection!
hope this is now clearer for you.
In the September release it will be possible to export a single report and re-import it into a different environment assuming that the appropriate connection exists in the 2nd environment.
There's a tech preview here: