Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Include more info in an Export than is visible in QlikView?

Hello,

I have a rather complex analysis where I basically compare two large files. As one result from that matching, I now have a small table with IDs from both of the original tables. Obviously I cannot link that table to both original_tables at the same time, so I decided to leave it like it is. For further info, someone would have to export it to Excel and do a VLOOKUP on the base Excel_table.

For the analysis in QlikView, I decided to just make a "frame" from several line_objects and put inside several simple listboxes, that is the most flexible method to look at individual items. So I have one listbox for the ID from one original_table and another for the ID from the second original_table. Only, for the export to Excel, I'd like to have both in one - I know that could be done by adding the second ID as a formula to one of the listboxes, but on the QlikView_GUI I'd rather keep it separate - so I'd like to have that invisible, but available for an export. Is that possible?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_mullick
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Will this work for you? I added an expression to a list box (as you suggest in your email) but then set the Display Option to 'Image'.

The expression is now 'hidden', but shows up in the export...

Thanks,

Azam

View solution in original post

2 Replies
a_mullick
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Will this work for you? I added an expression to a list box (as you suggest in your email) but then set the Display Option to 'Image'.

The expression is now 'hidden', but shows up in the export...

Thanks,

Azam

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Azam,

yep, that works fine! When I push the "width-markers" a little to and fro, that second piece of info does not even take up any space on screen, but it still does show up in an export. That's very practical, that way one can look up those particular IDs in the base files more easily, without too much copying around ...

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler